Consuming less sugar

EagleEye

This is something I am personally doing and would recommend many people do. I used to drink coffee daily with around 3 teaspoons of sugar. I have slowly started reducing so I can get used to the taste. I am now down to only 1 teaspoon of sugar!

• Like 1

Keep up the good work. 

No need for the sugar intake. I primarily get my sugar now days from fruits and vegetables naturally. I think our bodies have a easier time digesting things that came from nature instead of eating the man made garbage they put on store shelves now days. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a sugar issue for years now. While I don't eat a lot of it or drink a lot of it, I need to have it every day. Last year I tried cutting it out. I was able to go 3 days without any of it but then withdrawal hit and I felt horrible. I legit felt like I was giving up a drug. I had sweats, headaches, I felt weak... I ended up going back to it but I think the key is to cut back slowly. I mean to our body, it is like a drug and it is best to wean off it. 

• Like 1

I am setting a goal for myself in order to cut back. I will be doing a sugar fast twice a week where two days of every week, I do not have any sugar. Once I am used to this, I will go up to 3 days a week. Then 4 days... Then 5... And eventually I will get to where I only allow myself to have a sweet treat once a week. I kind of want to follow Tim Ferriss's diet plan since it has loads of health benefits. I just will have to work up to it. I like the idea of having one day a week where I can pig out lol

• Like 1