Doing Amazon associates to make money

Lana

Does anyone here make affiliate sales with Amazon Associates? Is it Amazon Associates? I feel like it is, if not, please do correct me. Anyway, I was thinking of joining their Affiliate program. I want to start a small blog and review Amazon related products and then use an affiliate link back to it. I hear some people have had a lot of success doing this. Is it worth trying? 

• Like 1

Amazon is a great affiliate program to promote. It does suck a bit more with the commission drop they have delivered to us but it is still one of the best in terms of converting customers and having so many other things for people to buy that the increase in cart value makes up for the poor 3% commission structure. 

There are plenty of other affiliate programs out there to that you can dabble in. There is never any point in putting all your eggs in one basket. Our home and garden website promotes Amazon products, Tractor Trailer Supply, Info products from different vendors, uses AdSense on information based pages, and we try to collect email addresses to remarket to our visitors. 

Traffic is the resource you are after. If you can build a steady flow of traffic you will always be able to find a way to monetize it. 

With a low barrier of entry this is typically how I suggest people start out trying to make money online. I have been working the affiliate model now for about 13 years and it is one of my favorite. You do not need to worry about supporting any products for customers its just getting the last click before they buy. 

From what I have heard, it can be hit or miss. Especially since they constantly change what you make in terms of percentage. I know a lot of people were complaining last year. The company kind of got under my skin a bit because they doubled in value while people were losing their businesses and homes and then they started cutting earning percentages from this program. It is probably fine now but I think it is worth considering. Worst case, you make a few extra bucks a month for just including links. 

• Like 1

I used it on one of my blogs. It still earns me money even though I seldom post on the blog. I average around $30 a month. It is nothing special but it is extra money I can use for gifts and stuff. When my blog was doing better, I was getting around $80 to $100 a month. 

• Like 1

I had a blog with links pointing to stuff I liked, but I didn't stick with it for long. It's a great way to make money, especially if you can get the blog out there. 

I would suggest Rakuten's affiliate service, I hear it's pretty good. 

• Like 1