Does anyone do art work for their other work?

Lana

Does anyone here partake in art work for their freelance work? Maybe they do graphic design, or draw/paint portraits or do other such work. Does doing art for freelance work pay well? Can it pay well? I used to draw and paint a lot and I like to think I had some talent. I think I could sell my art work, or take commissions for work. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of freelance market places for graphics work. I am not a graphic designer myself just a buyer of the products. I have met some really cool designers at 99designs. For simple work or template type work I would typically just shop fiverr. 

My oldest daughter enjoys doing portraits and turning them into paintings using adobe illustrator. I have her setting up a gig on Fiverr so she can learn how to work with clients and make a little extra cash on the side as well as getting more practice at her craft. 

It's a tough market out there. I remind my daughter that she is going to have to get really good to make good money because a lot of her competition is spread out all over the world where the USD travels much further. 

I think with a good portfolio landing high paying clients should not be to hard but its building up that great portfolio and putting in the time in the grind that is going to take the time to get to that point. 

I wish I was good enough to! Sadly, I am not and even if I was... I feel like a lot of really good artists don't get well-known enough to ever make a living from their work. It is a shame really. I see some pretty terrible "art" getting sold for big money and truly gifted artists make little to nothing. Did you hear about the man who sold an invisible statue? No joke... 

• Haha 1