Offering free samples?

Sophia

Is this still something people do today?

I am wondering because I don't see it as often with smaller businesses but this can be down to COVID and last year being a mess! I am just wondering if you have an online business of any kind, is it a good marketing strategy to offer something free to get more traffic and sales or is this a bad marketing strategy? 

• Like 1

Of course, this still happens fairly often. I myself don't do it, but many stores still offer free samples for food. And with covid likely leaving very soon here, we're going to be able to actually try out samples in store again. And just be out and about in general. It's going to be great. 

But yeah, free samples can help a lot. 

• Like 1

Free samples still work to this day. We used to use them a lot in our ecommerce business and people would always get excited to get freebie with their order. They would post it on social and share with their friends. It really helped with word of mouth marketing. People love getting something are are not expecting. It is when the customer starts to expect it then its time to shake things up a bit. 

When I was selling items online (I made jewelry) I would include a free charm or small gift for first time customers to encourage them to come back. While most didn't, some did and they continued to shop with me for several orders so yeah, I think it still works and is worth it. It just comes down to what you are selling and what you are willing to let go for free. 

• Like 1