How much is taxation on trailer park property?

Emma

My oldest brother is looking into options for this. He wants to establish a trailer park in our area since we don't actually have one. He is looking at inflation trends and thinking it might be a good business model since a lot of younger people will not be able to afford to buy housing, it would give them the opportunity to rent out or buy a trailer on his property. I think it is a fantastic idea but then I thought about property taxes. That has to be very high. Does anyone know what the typical cost for something like this is? 

This will depend on the area and the state. I am fairly certain you pay a general tax for the property as a whole (the lot) and then you pay an additional percentage for every trailer home placed on the lot. This is like when people have a lot of property so they add an additional building not attached to the house, their taxes will go up from this.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I know, you pay the whole land property tax and $30 to $70 every month. Say the property tax itself is $8,000 per year. You have 30 trailers on the lot, that would be $5,400 per year. So the total cost would be $13,400 per year. This is the case in my state anyway.