How do rewire your brain to stop worrying so much?

Rachel

With the new job coming and other things changing in my life, I feel like I'm losing my mind a bit. I am stressed, anxious and worried all the time now. It's a sucky feeling for sure. One that I wish I didn't have to deal with. But, I need to learn how to get over it. Do you guys know ways to rewire your own brains to stop the stress and anxiety? I feel I get too stressed sometimes, and it causes me to have issues come up around me. Which causes further stress. 

Any tips? 

• Like 1

I know the feeling you are talking about. It sounds like you are looking into the future and it is overwhelming. A lot of times this feeling can make us just stop and analyze. This is a pattern that is easy to fall into. Eventually you realize you have been thinking about something for so long and not taking any real action. 

I have found the easiest way to get through this feeling is just to get started. Start going through the motions and you will be put at ease once you get going. Stay positive! 

From my experience, you have to change what you are doing when you feel a certain way. When you feel worry, stop what you are doing and do something you enjoy. I will get anxiety in certain situations and if I leave them, the anxiety wins but if I push through, the anxiety has less power over me. It can take time but it does work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to allow yourself to have thoughts and not let them worry you or control you. It sounds easier and stupidly simple but it takes time. If you know something is bothering you, just think about it and allow yourself top process it. If it makes it worse, talk to someone about it. That always helps me.