How do you tell someone you like them?

Rachel

There is a guy I really like and we've been talking quite a bit these past few months. We met on a dating site and he's been a charm since day one. Anyway, I think he views us as friends, and I want it to be more than that. How do I tell him that I like him without hurting the friendship? If he's not interested, I at least want to keep my friendship intact and I know that's easier said than done. 

• Like 1

You just tell them. I know this sound silly but had I never just openly told my husband I liked him, he would have never approached me. It never crossed his mind to even though he did like me. Guys can be stupid sometimes. More often than not, even if a guy is treating you as a friend, he likes you and just doesn't want to say anything in fear he will be rejected. 

• Like 1

Haha yes guys are a little duh sometimes :). 

We need plenty of direction. 

Just let the guy know the worst that happens is he is not into it. You will most likely be able to maintain the friendship in the process but it may be awkward for a little while if the guy does not feel the same way. 

You do not want to live with the woulda, coulda, shoulda, and never know. Then you get stuck in a speculation circle that leads us nowhere. 

Yeah just let them know. Because the longer you make it wait, the harder it will be to do. The worst thing that can happen, is that they aren't into you the same way. It can hurt friendships, but sometimes people find ways of being friends again. Just give it a shot and let your feelings out. If it doesn't work, than maybe it's best to just move on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, if a guy is friends with you then in the back of his mind there is potential for a relationship. No matter what people say, guys are driven sexually and visually and if you are not a family member, you are viewed as a potential mate in the future and that is why they keep you close. I have been called sexist for this but I don't know a single guy who is "just friends" with a woman and has never thought of it being more. Just let him know you like him! 

Edited by Scarlett

• 2 weeks later...