Is Elon losing his noodle or is he a marketing genius?

Emma

Elon Musk has been having what appears to be a mid-life crisis after his divorce. He sold his 30 million dollar house in Cali and is renting now. He is telling people they need to start having more children or we will all suffer in the future. He is going against a lot of big government pushes for green-deals and what not. On the other hand, those deals would give his competitors a leg up in deals with electric cars and other things his company directly works with. He has also taken part in government subsidies that he is completely against today. 

What do you think is going on here?

• Like 1

I really think Elons latest is because the current admin wants to make sure its unionized workforces getting the subsidies. Tesla also used up all their federal discounts for customers and Elon says they are not needed anymore :P. Funny how his opinion changed once he couldn't use them anymore. 

Do not get me wrong I did not like electric cars being subsidized at all and I think markets need to work themselves out without government interference. 

I think Elon just is staying top of mind and saying whatever he has to so he can stay on peoples minds. Lets go with marketing wizard 😛

• Like 1

23 hours ago, James said:

I really think Elons latest is because the current admin wants to make sure its unionized workforces getting the subsidies. Tesla also used up all their federal discounts for customers and Elon says they are not needed anymore :P. Funny how his opinion changed once he couldn't use them anymore. 

Do not get me wrong I did not like electric cars being subsidized at all and I think markets need to work themselves out without government interference. 

I think Elon just is staying top of mind and saying whatever he has to so he can stay on peoples minds. Lets go with marketing wizard 😛

My husband was talking about this with his brother. He said the same thing as you and I have to agree. It is all about money and marketing. He may be autistic but you know, some of the most intelligent people are! It is all part of his marketing. 

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Elon Musk. He's known for his many false promises. Yeah he helped with electric cars and all that, and has done some stuff in space, but I wouldn't call most of it revolutionary or anything special. Him flying a car into space, okay. He's promised so many things and really hasn't delivered on most of them. I mean he also promised to release things that have yet to come to fruition. 

He reminds me of those old style snake oil salesmen. He says all this catchy stuff, but what does he even have? I think he's all talk and no show really. 

• Like 1

I think he is a very smart man, so much so he lacks in other areas and is almost stupid in a way. Like he is great at business, tech, investing... But is terrible at getting a point across, relationships, and general human interactions. I didn't know he was autistic either so this kind of makes more sense now. He is a strange man. I am not sure what to make of the things he says or does.