Do you prefer to be paid by hour or by job?

Lana

Would you rather be paid by the hour or by just the job? So maybe doing tasks that equal out to pay or something. Basically, would it be best to be paid by hour, or would you rather be paid via salary instead? So you'd be paid a set sum each week. 

I prefer to make pay for hourly, because if i work more than I should, I won't get paid extra if i'm on salary. But hourly, I'd get all my work covered, plus overtime pay. 

• Like 1

I typically prefer to have a structure where my earnings are dependent on my quality and speed of work. I never minded getting paid by the piece. 

Hourly work of course is fine but it is not very fun when you are the hardest working member of a team and you are all getting paid around the same amount. 

I do typically pay employees hourly such as my retail store team members. They do get a bit of commission though with every sale to try to help them drive higher cart values when a customer comes into the store. 

• 2 weeks later...

It will always be better to be paid hourly, in most cases anyways. This allows you to have your money flow more evenly. If you are paid per job, you run the risk of either not getting paid right away or having to give the money back if the client is unhappy.

I don't mind either. I guess I am not fussed because I never had an issue with saving and managing my money. Well, I have had my share of debts but in terms of knowing how to spend, where to spend, etc. I don't need to worry about getting paid now and spending what I need later.