Do you take review sites into consideration?

Quinten

When it comes to running a service, store or business with customers, do you ever take the review sites into consideration? Like Yelp and whatever else others use? I figure a bad review can go a long way. But if you are aware of the pages for your business, you can at least attempt to respond to their a bad review. Have you a yelp profile for your business? 

• Like 1

I don't think people have taking Yelp seriously in a while but I do know a lot of people who check Google reviews when it comes to stores and food spots. I like to check those myself. They seem to be more honest and transparent when compared to Yelp. You can tell if it is a bad review based on someone being snobby or the place genuinely not being any good.  

• Like 1

Yes we take reviews very seriously. Sure you get bad ones every now and then but I have always thought that it looks great when a vendor responds to negative reviews. 

Our policy is to respond to 100% of reviews that get left on Google reviews. We focus on that platform because it drives the most business to our brick and mortar retail store. 

You may be able to turn negative reviews into life long customers from time to time as people do not expect a business to care sometimes. I think the business showing their willingness to communicate with all customers is a huge bonus that consumers like to see. Personalized service is getting harder to find. We remember our customers names and purchasing habits and always try to address them by name when they come in and ask them if they are looking for the usual. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 8:09 PM, Stacey said:

I would be more worried about social media backlash than a review online. That is just me though. I have seen businesses do just fine when they hardly even have a good score, I am talking 1.5 to 2 out of 5! Some people just don't care enough. 

I was going to mention this. It is wise to care about reviews no matter where they are if they are generating negative feedback and people are talking back about your product, company, or services. It only takes one person to get a storm going online these days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, Scarlett said:

I was going to mention this. It is wise to care about reviews no matter where they are if they are generating negative feedback and people are talking back about your product, company, or services. It only takes one person to get a storm going online these days. 

I have seen it happen. A lot of it is honestly unfair. They punish an entire company over such little things, usually something one person working for the company did. I am so sick of woke and cancel culture ruining everything.