Selling off wholesale buys?

Ella

I had thought of doing this. What you do is buy smaller items in bulk and then repackage them into smaller quantities to sell. This would be for people who don't need a lot of the same item. A good example would be bells. Think bells for pet collars, crafts, and decor. If you buy, say a bulk order of 200 bells for $20 and sell them as quantities of 5 each for $2, you end up with a profit of $60 if my math is correct. 

Has anyone attempted doing something like this?

• Like 1

I think it is worth trying if you have money to invest. I think starting on etsy is a good idea. I feel like it might be hard to start your own store out the gate but if you start with etsy, you can piggy back off your customers there and redirect them to your web store using discounts. 

• Like 1

This sounds like the premise for every item selling retail enterprise. Buy supplies in bulk and sell off in smaller quantities. Of course it is a sound business model. I have done this plenty of times with plenty of different products. 

If you are having trouble finding products in bulk you can start your search at Alibaba. Make sure of course to get samples of products before ordering large quantities. 

If you have a group of targeted buyers interested in the items you are going to sell it makes it extremely simple.