With inflation being a problem, will it result in real estate increasing in price too?

Damon

Inflation in the US seems to be going up. I blame it on Covid, but I think it's also partly because big companies raising their prices, because they think they deserve to for some reason idk. You got these rich companies wanting to increase prices on their product, but why? It's not like they are suffering. Americans are suffering, as prices are going up, and job pay isn't going up to accommodate. But knowing the US, if we raise pay yet again, it'll result in these companies continuing to raise their prices. What do you guys think though? 

• Like 1

This has been a worry of mine because I have not bought a house yet. I think the prices will stay about the same for at least another year or two but the interest rates are going to go back up. They have already increased in the last 6 months and they are expected to be over 7% by the end of 2022. That is a huge jump and something to consider. 

• Like 1

Inflation is going up. The USA is printing money like crazy and that will always build inflation. You can not just make a resource appear out of thin air and not have consequences to those actions. 

As for the price of products going up that is coming from a couple different problems. The supply chain is messed up which is limiting supply while demand has remained. When there is more demand than supply prices go up. 

Employees are demanding higher wages. Well companies are never going to eat the cost of increased labor cost. They are going to pass that back to the consumer. 

Interest rates will have to go up to help level this all out. As interest rates go up consumer spending will slow, asset values will come down, and people should start saving again. 

The full thing as I have stated in other threads is just a house of cards. You can not let people and businesses leverage themselves out so far and expect everything to be ok. Eventually that house of cards will have to fall and everything will have to return to its mean.