Trailer homes

Lana

Are trailer homes a poor investment? I figure if I can buy up a few trailer homes, repair them up, supe them up with better stuff and then see about selling them? I've never flipped a trailer home, but I'm sure with some good work, it could make them worth a bit more. What do you guys think? I know trailer homes depreciate in value fast, so a trailer home you bought back in the mid 90s for $32,000 is probably not nearly worth that now. Unless you made renovations that added value to the trailer. 

What do you guys think though? Is it bad to invest in trailer homes?

• Like 1

I have never been a fan of investing in manufactured housing but I do know investors that have made it work. 

What I do have interest in is mobile home parks where the owners of mobiles own the trailer and I would own the pad. Seems like one of the lowest maintenance real-estate investments one could add to their portfolio. 

You are able to add value to these though so there are fix and flip opportunities or a great way to get cash flow going for a longer term real estate investment plan since the barrier of entry is a little lower. 

I think these tend to lose value overtime because they are like the in between of a car and a house. Once they get outdated, you end up needing to put more money than they are often worth to get them up to date. I think for renting they can be fantastic, especially if you have a mobile home park like James mentioned. 

• Like 1