Meditation

Lana

Does anyone here meditate? I've been thinking of trying it out myself, mainly because I need time to just chill and relax, and maybe cut out every day noise, and just hear myself think. Has meditation worked for you in terms of mental health? Does it relax you? Does it take your mind off of things? I want to know what it can do for me. 

• Like 1

Meditation is a great thing to add to your routine. I have not successfully yet gotten it to stick at a consistency level I would like (daily) but taking 5 - 10 minutes a day in mediation can be very helpful. It can teach us better self control, give us a more positive outlook, and let us wash all the stress and worries away. 

So many guided meditations can be found on YouTube that it is super easy to get started. I feel it gives us a better awareness of our self. You learn how breath can help control the body with practice. A great activity to add to any daily routine. 

Any other meditators out there? 

I would love to get into this but the few times I tried, I just couldn't find my space for it, if that makes sense. I would just end up thinking about random things and I wouldn't be able to clear my mind and just be. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Emma said:

I would love to get into this but the few times I tried, I just couldn't find my space for it, if that makes sense. I would just end up thinking about random things and I wouldn't be able to clear my mind and just be. 

Just let it go for 5 minutes 🙂

I know I shouldn't talk as I have trouble doing this myself but like anything else we do in life it just takes practice and desire. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

Just let it go for 5 minutes 🙂

I know I shouldn't talk as I have trouble doing this myself but like anything else we do in life it just takes practice and desire. 

You should be inside my head when I am going to bed. Most nights it takes me 45 minutes to fall asleep because my brain keeps wanting to think and figure things out. Anytime I have something that goes missing, it drives me insane. Like so much so, the last time I misplaced a phone case I was giving a friend, I tore up my entire bedroom and car trying to find it. lol

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Emma said:

Yup, I'm the same exact way to be honest. I would procrastinate by thinking of random things. I just know I would. Actually, I think I did that exact same thing in elementary school now that I remember. Our teacher had us do meditation one day during school, and I had completely forgotten about it. I remember thinking about random things and not following what I was supposed to do. idk, I think I have undiagnosed ADD or ADHD. Or whatever it is. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 10:52 AM, Rachel said:

Yup, I'm the same exact way to be honest. I would procrastinate by thinking of random things. I just know I would. Actually, I think I did that exact same thing in elementary school now that I remember. Our teacher had us do meditation one day during school, and I had completely forgotten about it. I remember thinking about random things and not following what I was supposed to do. idk, I think I have undiagnosed ADD or ADHD. Or whatever it is. 

I think is is an issue in the world, not you. ADHD/ADD are very over-diagnosed and I believe them both to be a result of people living in a world that demands multi-staking skills. Not everyone has them. Some people can't focus on several things at once or they get overwhelmed and their brain kind of just craps out on them. 

• Like 1