How To Overcome Loneliness After Death Of Husband

TopicStarter

Grieving is a challenging time in a person’s life, but an inevitable one. And this becomes more difficult when you’re grieving the death of your husband. 

Losing your husband means also losing your confidante, a romantic partner, and most importantly, a companion in everyday struggles. And the grief that you feel is often accompanied by a strong sense of loneliness and void. But there are many ways that you can implement to cope with grief. 

However, you must remember that everyone has different ways of dealing with a loss like this. At times you might feel that this sense of loneliness will completely engulf you, and that sensation might become unbearable. But with the right amount of effort, coping up with this feeling will offer you better peace of mind.

Always remember that your spouse would want you to keep living, and that too happily. And with the right resources, you can do it. So, today, I will talk about some of the ways in which you can overcome feeling lonely after the death of your husband. 

#1 Time is the best healer: Losing your husband, sitting through his funeral is probably one of the most difficult moments in your life. It might feel like you are completely lost without them, and continuing with your old life might seem pretty challenging. 

A sudden loss of your significant other might throw you into a spiral of loneliness. And the first step to recovery is to give yourself some time to accept the reality. It’s not unusual for people to stay in denial in situations like these. 

Only with time do you have some acceptance that he is never going to come back and that you should slowly start to move on. 

#2 Time For A New Hobby: The key to getting over loneliness is to divert your mind to something more productive. So, I would suggest that you let your good hormones flow by indulging in new hobbies. 

You can even experiment with something that you used to like as a kid. Maybe take up drawing or gardening to take your mind off the negative feelings. 

#3 Find support: To know that you are not alone in this struggle can be of huge relief sometimes. When you know that you are not alone on this boat, and there are others who are in a similar situation, it gets easier to look at the brighter side of things. You can always lend a shoulder to them and seek support in return. A community feeling always goes a long way! 

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine what it is like to lose a spouse. I would imagine it is easier when you are much older as you have had your entire life together or at the very least a good portion of your life. Still, it can't ever be "easy". I know a lot of men who die first and their wives follow in a year or two and I think this is down to heartbreak. 

• Like 1