Would Facebook be a good place to offer freelance services?

Would it be possible to start a freelance service on Facebook? I know you can buy/sell all kinds of things, and I think you can also offer services. But, I'm curious, has anyone here tried to start a service on facebook? Does it pay you good? 

I have never offered any services on Facebook but I am a member of plenty of groups where I buy services. I would say it is working for those people. 

Going down the rabbit hole into different Facebook groups you can find all kinds of things. The only problem I have shopping this way is its hard to find past user feedback on the sellers. You can always ask the group if the seller delivered or not for a little bit more security. 

Facebook is a great platform to connect with other people and where ever connections are made cash always has the potential to change hands. I would think it would be a great channel to drive customers to your offering. 

I think it could be depending on the service but I wouldn't use a personal page like that alongside work. If the wrong person gets the wrong idea of something you said, he/she can hurt business for yourself and you don't want that. 

Edited by Sophia
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Sophia. You don't want your personal life to clash with your work life online. It can get messy and over the dumbest of things. It could be as simple as someone not agreeing about who you voted for or what music you like. People can be that petty about who they hire!

• Like 1