Will businesses be exclusively online bases in the future?

Lana

At least those businesses that don't need actual physical locations. Do you think we'll see businesses and shops become exclusively online based rather than physical and an option in person? I personally don't see that happening, but I can see more and more businesses jumping to just an online storefront or base of operations. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

I can not see this ever happening. Businesses build community and people like to part of a community. The local store is a place you meet and can have conversations with other members of the community. Nothing can replace face to face communication. 

Online shopping is very transactional focused. Where I think when you run a local store it is a little more community focused and then the transactions follow from being an outstanding community member. 

Yeah, I don't see that ever happening, but I can see all businesses having an online shop to co-exist. I can see some wanting to do it all online, but there are some that love the idea of having their own physical store, so that people can go in and see what they have for sale, interact with people and experience the shop life. Online is fine and all, but I prefer being in a real store, looking at items. I at least then know what I am buying. 

• Like 1

I think for online shopping, it will always be a thing and it will be more popular with some vs others. I know plenty of younger people who hate shopping online because there is no social interactions while older people who only shop online now because it is often cheaper and more convenient. I do a mix of both and I think this is the general scope for most people.

• Like 1