Have you been friends with anyone on the internet for more than 20 years?

Justin89

I was recently thinking about the days of AOL chat rooms and yahoo chat and how I talked to so many people when I was a kid. I was always curious if I stayed in touch with some of those people, if I would have become friends with them forever. I remember talking to some awesome people too, and enjoying their convos. But I feel we lose touch at some point and then move on. 

Have you been friends with anyone on the internet for more than 20 years? I know some people from around 10 or so years but nothing too long. Most of the people I did know, either died, or they are long gone to forgetting their sign in info or something. 

• Like 1

The longest friendship I have going online is 8 years. I would be too young to have something reach 20 years but I fully expect this one to. We will likely be lifelong friends. We don't see each other often (we live a few states apart) but we keep in close touch and talk every week. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, Stacey said:

The longest friendship I have going online is 8 years. I would be too young to have something reach 20 years but I fully expect this one to. We will likely be lifelong friends. We don't see each other often (we live a few states apart) but we keep in close touch and talk every week. 

Same for me, I would have been too young to have this long of a friendship but I am sure I am on my way. I have met several people online and have kept in touch with them for several years now.

• Like 1

I've been on the internet over 20 years now, of course I got friends from back in the day. It's not as much as I used to have online, but there are a few friends from those days that I still talk to from time to time. One of the forums I frequented I still know the people on there, and I knew them since 2003. Maybe 20 years soon. 

• Like 1