Having virtual events instead of in person

Quinten

Does anyone have any virtual events coming up? I figure with covid still being a problem these days, it would be wise to still have events take place virtually. Do you guys have any events planned to go off virtually? An event I am helping with soon is going to be doing an in person event, so I don't know how that's going to work out. Do you think it's best to do virtual events instead? 

• Like 1

I think the virus is on the way out. Right now, Florida has the best numbers nationwide and they stopped forcing vaccination, masks, and lockdowns long before any other state and they are doing just fine. If their numbers stay the same going into the "flu season" I think we will be able to know for sure.

With that being said, I have not really had any virtual event outside of joining in with a few family group chats. This is something I did before COVID though. 

• Like 1

The in person events that turned into virtual events did not feel the same to me. If I am going to a convention the value is from talking to other people at the show and making connections. It is a lot harder to do when you are just being presented to virtually. Sure you can chat with people virtually but it is not the same as talking to them in person at the show. 

Things are starting to open up again, and I hope this means the official end of covid. It will still stick around a while, but I think with many already vaccinated, it will go away for good. 

Virtual events are fun though, it allows more people to be able to see shows. With in person, it costs more and is tougher to see of course. But, the plus with in person events is actually being there to see your favorite celebs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having to see family online in 2020 was horrible. Thankfully I will be able to spend more time with them this holiday season. It is not the same and it is hard. A friend of mine who dated her now husband had to do this for several years. Only seeing each other maybe 3 times a year. She was not as bothered by it as I was. 

• Like 1