Do you think you'll be in debt for life?

Carson

If you are in debt like myself, I'm sure you are worried about whether or not you'll be for the rest of your life. I think I will end up paying my debts off some day, but I do worry that I will be stuck in debt for the remainder of my life. Do you worry about that? Do you think you'll be in debt for the rest of your life? Or do you think you'll end up finding a way out of the debt some day? I believe I will, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

I think yes, but not so much "in debt" as "having debt". If you want to keep a healthy credit score, you need to have active credit which will equate to debt but so long as you can pay it off consistently and not have it increasing, I think you will be fine. This is my mindset for it anyway.   

• Like 1

If your goal is to get out of debt and you take consistent action to get there you can get yourself out of debt. It is just setting up your priorities so you can accomplish that goal. 

Before I started working for myself I always had the debt free goal. One job was never enough for me because I knew I had more time to continue to make cash to keep plowing through my goal. I typically would have 2 jobs at a time and was just busting through it. 

Just kept grinding. 

I credit that to the business my friend and I started for being successful too. We had grit and grind and there was nothing that was going to get in the way of the concept succeeding. Once that did well I was able to finish paying off the rest of the debt. 

Yes we optimize our day to day spending with credit cards still but never have a balance that is not covered by cash somewhere. We just want our cash back or rewards. Plus the security of a credit card vs a debit card is great. 

Keep your head down and just keep grinding. Make the goal the top priority and you will amaze yourself with what you can accomplish. 

The sad reality is most people will have debt most of their lives. I think it is important to learn money management and goal planning earlier in life to avoid it. It is a shame this stuff is not taught in school but I really shouldn't be surprised it isn't. They train kids to work, not to succeed. 

• Like 1