Have any regulations stopped your business?

This is more about curiosity, as I'm not dealing with anything like this myself. With that being said. I was wondering if anyone here, who has their own business or was in the process of starting one, ever dealt with regulations that stopped their progress into making or growing their business? I'm sure some businesses out there have dealt with really unfair regulations that caused issues. Have you ever? 

• Like 1

Personally, no but I have seen the regulations hinder where my husband works. This is down to laws changing, excessive taxation that seems to keep going up for smaller businesses, as well as the recent issues with COVID and having to pay for weekly testing. 

• Like 1

When covid madness first started happening we closed down our retail store for a month. Sent the team home to work there. We reopened 30 days later as the team wanted to come back into the office. Was happy to open again and said I would never listen to an order like that again. 

The other industry I had business in was severely impacted by regulations passed down by the government. The PACTs act made it so USPS would no longer ship our products to consumers. The other majors followed and suddenly we had to really hustle to find alternative shipping companies. Those same products are under attack at the local level for increased taxes to try to bring them up to parity with the traditional alternatives. 

• 1 month later...