Were you able to get any friends and family to do freelance work during covid?

Mickey

When covid took over, a lot of us were going to be fine, since we work online. Well some of us do. But, a lot of my friends and family were forced out of work due to the pandemic. I suggested they try working online and maybe even taking their work online. Some of them did, but not all of them. Some of my friends have thanked me for suggesting it, as they are making more money now. But it doesn't work for everyone. 

• Like 1

My father lost his job and has been out of work since April of 2020 thanks to this pandemic. I have a few friends who lost their jobs. One was because they were told by their doctor they can't get the vaccine (too risky) and her employer terminated her. Another because the business he worked for shut their doors for good earlier this year. I have tried to get some people help with working from home but there are slim pickings now in terms of general tasks. Unless you have a service you can provide such as graphic design, freelance writing, or general admin related things for websites and servers - you are hard pressed to find work from home these days.

• Like 1

Even without covid I am always suggesting people start up a side hustle online. 

I love meeting passionate people and love to try to get them to fire up a website about their passion. A majority of people will not do it. A couple have and are starting to see results. 

The internet seems to struggle with quality. I always thought it to be a little strange that I can build affiliate sites around topics I know nothing about. Do a bunch of keyword research and turn that over to a general writing team. You throw up a website and traffic starts to come. You start to wonder where are the people that actually know and understand the topics you are researching. Quality goes a long ways when there is so much crap out there. 

That's why I started this site. I wanted to spend time writing about things I knew about and understood. I can not stand writing about things I do not care about. 

I do love talking about positive thinking, consistency, and how anything is possible if you really want it. 

I wish more people gave it a try. If you can manage to earn like even just $2,000 a month, you can work outside the home part time. People lose too much of their lives working jobs they hate. I know it is not easy to make a good living online but if you stick to it, it is very possible!

• Like 1