Is there money in selling video game accounts?

Damon

Like Xbox accounts, Fortnite accounts, etc. Stuff like that. I know it's technically against the rules to sell an account for the majority of these services, but I know that doesn't stop everyone. Have you ever sold an account to someone? I have considered it, as I do have accounts that I built up a lot and probably have some money in. I'm not using them.

I hear that if you have rare items on an account, it could go for some decent money. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

Yes this is a huge industry and if you game and have ever thought of spending money on items or a leveling you have likely ventured down this rabbit hole. 

The first time I ever became a powerseller on eBay is back when I was able to sell virtual goods easily (about 15 years ago). I started out just farming items myself but quickly learned there is only so much time in the day. I was going to school for programming back then so decided to look into botting. Sure enough there were bots available. This enabled me to work a real job while farming items while I was away. 

One day I met a wholesaler of items in the game I was selling items for. I was able to start buying in bulk and selling items off in smaller lots. Kept me really busy.

When eBay started cracking down on the sale of virtual goods. The items felt like prices were on a race to the bottom so I did not adapt and called it a nice little venture. 

This industry today item selling, account selling, rushing, leveling, coaching, and anything else people need is a huge industry. 

Typically when you partake in these activities you are violating the games terms of service. So it is against the rules and you will get banned, lose accounts, lose supply, and so forth. This is just the cost of doing business. 

I have been starting to look into this a little more again myself and it is amazing how large this has become. 

I hear that if you have a fortnite account with a lot of dlc, it can net you a lot of money. Since each skin is usually something you can pay for, and sometimes play to win, you can build up a big account worth a decent amount of money if you have certain skins and characters, emotes etc. 

Most sites like Ebay, Amazon etc, don't allow suck sales, but there are many sites online where you can find ways to sell and buy accounts. 

• Like 1

I have never looked into it beyond WoW. My ex played that game and someone had offered him $300 for his account. I couldn't believe it. I guess other accounts have sold for way higher so I am sure you can make good money doing this through other games as well as console profiles. 

• Like 1