Do you have to do something unconventional when marketing to get ahead?

Damon

When it comes to marketing, do you have to ever do something unconventional to market yourself, your business, or product? I feel like sometimes, people have to do something viral that draws people's attention on them. Have you ever had to go the route of getting really creative to get things done in your marketing? Like unconventional advertising. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Unconventional can be pretty subjective. 

One of my projects we used to go to a lot of trade shows. People were spending huge money on setting up these great booths and it kept getting more expensive to compete in this way. 

I got my team to get more creative then the other groups to attract more attention to our booth which never looked as nice as I did not like spending that kind of money on a 2 - 3 day long setup. 

We used a fog machine to do so many interesting things. We were able to use boxes and garbage bags to load all our fog into and then launch vape rings out into the crowd. Nice huge ones that held form really well. 

We built a volcano once and set it up on a timer so the volcano was "active".

Our convenience store project in town we have been experimenting with sign spinners, door hangers, and flyers under windshield wipers in nearby parking lots. 

Always have to be trying new things. That is how we learn what works and what does not. 

I wouldn't say unconventional so much as something "new" or "different". There are things that work and continue to work when it comes to marketing but finding something different that works for your brand or company, that is worth investing time into if you can. 

• Like 1