Father's Day gift ideas?

Ella

I am still shopping around for ideas. I have gotten him everything I could think of over the years and I don't want to get him something he won't like or won't use. I also don't want to just get him clothing because he already has so much of it. Anyone have any ideas for me? 

My kids ask me this question every year. 

Really I do not want any gifts... I buy myself anything I would want anyways. What is always great is to get to spend time with family. Typically for Fathers Day and Mothers Day we just host a BBQ and invite all the Moms and Dads we know. Let the kids swim in the pool and have fun while the adults chit chat and just have a relaxing day. On Mothers day the Fathers do all the cooking and on Fathers day the Mothers do all the cooking. Works out great! 

If you insist on a gift here are some things that people can always use. 

- nice wallet
- Fitted Baseball Cap
- Personalized shirt

One year the wife and kids got me a meat smoker because I was shopping for one for 3 months and would not pull the trigger. That was pretty cool. 

Good luck with your gift shopping. 

I struggle with buying gifts for people so more often than not, I will go on a recommended list and just pick something. I would much rather be able to just buy food and spend time with my dad and it be enough but because it is a social thing and my mother is obsessed with people getting gifts, I have to buy something. I think I am just going to order him some fancy trail mix, get him a new shirt, and buy him a big thing of batteries. He is always saying how he doesn't have enough of those. 

• Like 1