Name a person that motivates you the most?

Carson

Who would you say has motivated you the most? Whether it be a friend, a family member, or a famous person like a poet or scientist. Who has motivated you the most? For me, I'd say my parents for the most part. Without them, I'd probably be a lost puppy dog out there. They instilled a lot in me over the years, and I thank them so much for being there for me. 

My friend Clark has also kept me motivated over the years, as he's my best friend. 

In the end I motivate me :). 

I do sometimes need a little pick me up. A reminder that whatever I am suffering through is nothing compared to others. So when I am feeling like serving myself up excuses I turn on some David Goggins. Not everyone likes him. He not polished like people would enjoy but he is real. Just listening to the podcasts, and some of our videos can get a small kick going but if I need to go deep I just turn on his book "Can't Hurt Me" and it helps remind me this is a journey and sometimes we just have to go through the motions. Something will always be better then nothing. 

I can't say a person has ever motivated me in one way or another. At the end of the day, if I don't want to do something, I am not going to do it. I am very stubborn and I get that from my dad. lol

I will say though that different things have motivated me, such as fear and feeling ill. I am scared to become sick and be suffering through life so I do my best to eat healthy and stay active because of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mila said:

I can't say a person has ever motivated me in one way or another. At the end of the day, if I don't want to do something, I am not going to do it. I am very stubborn and I get that from my dad. lol

I will say though that different things have motivated me, such as fear and feeling ill. I am scared to become sick and be suffering through life so I do my best to eat healthy and stay active because of it.

In the end it is ourselves that get it done. Motivation to be sustainable has to come from within. We can use music, videos, speeches, books and any other medium to help inspire us but yes it comes from inside. It boils down to if you can not come up with solid reason why you are doing something you are not going to be able to sustain doing the activity. 

• Like 1

I tend to be most motivated to get things done when I am told by other people that I can't do it or I will fail. I learned this strong-headed mindset from my father and my older brother and it has gotten me into a pickle a few times! I just don't like to accept someone else's reality for myself, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 4:00 PM, James said:

In the end it is ourselves that get it done. Motivation to be sustainable has to come from within. We can use music, videos, speeches, books and any other medium to help inspire us but yes it comes from inside. It boils down to if you can not come up with solid reason why you are doing something you are not going to be able to sustain doing the activity. 

Yup, I think this is why I never understood idolizing people. Not knocking people who do or anything but I have never been a person to look to someone for motivation. Their actions, sure they can motivate me but I need to actually want to do something about whatever it is I am trying to accomplish. 

• Like 1