Getting married, but the families hate each other

StanleyZEN

A friend of mine is getting married in the coming months and he is marrying someone who's family has always hated his. But he and his soon to be wife were always friendly and kind to one another. This is what eventually built a relationship and the two fell in love. But, when this news was announced, the families balked at it, as if it was a joke, or not serious. Have you ever had this happen with your family when you decided to get married? Has anyone here had an experience like this? 

I just think it's odd, and it's going to be a scary wedding to attend. But I think love will prevail and maybe this will help bring the two families together. I sure hope so. 

• Like 1

Love is love, but I could only imaging the wedding planning process. I would not want to be the wedding planner at all. To accommodate both sides, is going to be tough. But, I believe that love will triumph and help bring two families together. Sometimes it can do exactly that. 

• Like 1

I think it is pretty common for one or both people in a married to not like their in-laws. I had this issue with past relationships. It can be messy even before marriage. I would say to just do what is best for you and yours but they are family and will always be around so you REALLY need to consider things before marriage.

• Like 1