Over 100 Employees - Weekly Testing/Mandated Vaccination

Sophia

I thought this should be discussed here. I am not sure if this will stick as a lot of people are telling Biden and the US government "no!" but I know a lot of bigger corporations like Walmart and Amazon will comply. What are your thoughts on this? Are you worried? I feel like they are crossing the line here. They have no right to step into people's businesses like this much less the personal and private lives of individuals. 

• Like 1

I am grateful I no longer have a team of 156 people I am managing :P. 

My personal view points would state I would never do this to my team. If they wanted to get vaccinated they can if they do not want to we are not going to force them. 

They have OSHA on their team though and that is a organization as a business I never wanted to mess with. They are able to shut down our warehouse so fast it is unreal. I think if I had the same size team I would hold off for as long as OSHA would let me and see if the courts were able to provide some more guidance on this. Otherwise if I had to face shutting down a company over principal or continuing to make a living and paying the full team I would have to choose to pay the full team and force the rules. 

I am not a fan of where this is going 😕

• Like 1

I figured this would happen sooner or later. More places are going to be mandating that you get the vaccine, otherwise you'll be out of the job. I don't know what to think honestly. Part of me just wants people to get vaccinated, but I don't know if it should stop people from working if they don't. If anything just make the unvaccinated wear a mask if they don't want the vaccine. I feel that's a fair outcome. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Justin89 said:

I figured this would happen sooner or later. More places are going to be mandating that you get the vaccine, otherwise you'll be out of the job. I don't know what to think honestly. Part of me just wants people to get vaccinated, but I don't know if it should stop people from working if they don't. If anything just make the unvaccinated wear a mask if they don't want the vaccine. I feel that's a fair outcome. 

Why should the unvaccinated need to wear a mask? We have learned that vaccinated people can spread this too. 

What about people like myself and my family that have already had covid and have antibodies why should we have to get vaccinated the science shows our antibodies are way more effective. 

They can mandate this stuff all they want. The public is going to vote with their wallet. If a business wants  to service only vaccinated people that is their choice. If a business wants to employee only vaccinated people that is also their choice. The government though should not be acting so irresponsibly and trying to force this on people. It is not the path to safeness in my opinion. I think herd immunity is going to be our pathway out. 

We were already in a health care worker crisis and they are just making it worse on themselves. 

During this time as someone that manages a team of people have always left the decision up to the person. We never forced any masks, we never forced a vaccine. I have team members that choose to wear masks and I have team members that have chosen to be vaccinated. To me its non of my business I have products to sell and that is what I am focused on. 

I have always tried to make it point to stay out of my team members personal lives. Yes we have done drug testing but only when the job was something regulated by the DOT or strong OSHA regulations. 

All I ever cared about though when managing my team was. Do they show up when I expect them to and are they doing a good job. Anything they did outside of my time I could really care less.

I do not understand why society is so worried about people that think differently then they do. I have always been in the minority group and have watched this time after time with public lands getting closed down (I enjoy OHV activities), my primary business is in nicotine government just shut that down, I used to smoke cigarettes at one point and remember when they were removing indoor smoking areas... 

I never understood how my smoking impacted the lives of the other people around me. I would not just walk into a group of non smokers and light a cigarette. 

Just like now I do not understand how my unvaccinated family is adding to the risk of society. 

People should not have to choose between work and a brand new vaccine. Just a year ago the people pushing the vaccine were just talking about how it takes decades to develop one and how we shouldnt trust it, we need to wait for data blah blah blah. How the times have changed from those same people. Maybe I should make a montage showing off the hypocrisy of all of this. 

• Like 1

What do you think the odds are of them moving these numbers? I feel like they have been pushing back more and more with everything since this mess started. Like 100 employees now might end up being 50 in 6 months... then 25 in another 6 months... They are clearly hellbent on gaining as much power and control over people as possible. This is not about health or safety anymore. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:13 PM, James said:

Otherwise if I had to face shutting down a company over principal or continuing to make a living and paying the full team I would have to choose to pay the full team and force the rules. 

They know most companies will comply for this reason which is a shame. You have to consider all those people being without, not just yourself. I know the bigger ones will do it more so for themselves though.

• Like 1