Should you tell someone that lied to know that you know?

Ella

I was recently lied to three times about the same thing within 10 minutes by a friend. I gave her chances to tell me the truth and she did not, she kept on going with the lie. Should I just drop it or should I confront her about the lying? I feel like if I don't say anything, I won't be able to trust her again but if I do, she might get angry and stop talking to me.

• Like 1

What did she lie about if you don't mind me asking. If it's something you know and have proof of, show her. If she keeps lying to you, then she will keep it up if there is no proof. Confront her and let her know what your thoughts are. Sometimes it can help. 

If it affects you, speak up, don't let it go. It's also not fair for her to be lying to you, especially if it's about you. 

• Like 1

Most of the time if someone lies to me and I know they are not being truthful that would be a sign that I really can not trust the person. 

It should make no difference if the other party knows you know the truth or not. 

The fact is honesty is important in friendship and trust building. 

If you want to keep the friendship alive for the long term you have to call them out and watch for the same behavior to take place again in the future. 

If you feel you can't trust her then there is already a problem. Tell her you know she was lying and it is disrespectful to you. Now you feel as though you can't trust her the same and she will have to earn that back. If she gets mad, let her be mad on her own time, not yours. People who lie to someone who is meant to trust them don't deserve to be trusted.

• Like 1