How long have you sat on your cryptocurrency?

Rachel

I haven't purchased much, but I got myself a bit in bitcoin and litecoin recently and I want to hold onto it for a while in the hopes that I will one day get lucky and draw some big earnings from it. 

How long have you sat on currency before you decided to cash in? 

• Like 1

I have some and I haven't checked it in a long time. I was really interested in it at the beginning of the year, especially at the end of 2020 but my interest has shifted on it. I don't know if I am up or down on it. I figured I would just let it sit there. If it does something substantial, great! If not, I won't be out much.

• Like 1

I started playing with crypto currencies way back in 2013 maybe a little earlier. Was spending a lot of time on Bitcoin forums and it was the true wild west back then with so many scams about (how times never change). 

I used to only use crypto for gambling (how sad to look back on those losses in todays $). 

At one point I purchased a bunch of servers and started mining ETH. My power bill was sky high and my wife was mad I had all these servers in the house. It was increasing the temperature in the house because of all the heat they put off so I moved them into a data center. 

Then that data center moved north to WA state to have access to hydro power to reduce my power bill. At that point the company I was working with vanished along with my miners. It was alright those miners served their purpose and although I did not get a chance to sell the graphics cards on the used market we had made plenty of profit along the way. 

So now my crypto holdings are really all winnings and any original USD I put in has long been cashed out. 

When Bitcoin gets up into the 60s it is hard not to just sell the rest of it off but then again you tell yourself you are playing with house money so let's see how far it can run. 

With any investments when I sell something I feel the need to invest that into something else and I just do not have anything I really want to buy right now as I feel things are so expensive. 

So I have been playing around this marketplace for almost a decade now. 

Nice! I want to learn to invest more, all I've done so far is purchased through PayPal and I've made some money doing that so far. But I'm considering investing some more soon, as I'm seeing Lite coin and ethereum rising in price right now, and I think I could make a good amount doing this if I keep up with it. Of course, once I feel comfortable with what I am making, i will cash out and invest only small amounts going forward. 

• Like 1

I don't know enough about it but I have gotten some and never touched it. I moved it around a few times but it is just sitting in my wallet on my phone. I am not sure if I made a profit or not. I haven't checked things in a few months now. I did want to get into it more but I feel like I am better off focusing my time on other things in life, I can work on investments when I have more money to invest. 

• Like 1