Do you guys count calories?

StanleyZEN

Does anyone here just try to count calories? I have been thinking about counting calories going forward, as I can see myself benefitting more from doing that, as I tend to over-eat sometimes, and I do need to change that. 

Anyway, do you guys keep a journal and write how much calories and other info? 

• Like 1

I have tried to do this unsuccessfully so many times. It is good to be aware of this data point but it is sure frustrating to keep track of unless you are always eating the same things in the same portion sizes. 

Of course it can be done and I know plenty of people that do count their calories and that works great for them. 

I typically can log my food for a couple of weeks and then I just get frustrated or see myself just start guessing when I do not really know. I go through this pattern of inputting bad data until I stop. 

If my weight was not doing what I expected it to I would make much more of an effort to really drill down into whatever the problem is. My long term weight trend and body fat percentage trend are going downward though so I do not really see a need to put much effort into counting those calories. 

There are plenty of apps that help make it easier for you if it is something you are interested in pursuing. 

Anytime I gain weight, I will count calories to bring my weight back to where I want it to stay. I write things down in a notebook and always round up so I make sure I am not going over. I think this works best when you use a scale though otherwise most people still end up going over without realizing it. 

• Like 1