How did you know when you fell in love?

Yonder

My wife I met her way back when she first started her job at McDonalds. I had the joy of being the person to get to train her. I made it a goal to turn her into my girl friend back then so I guess I always knew. We have been with each other for 21 years now and still going strong. We got together when I was 16 and we still going strong today. We do not have many things in common but I think that is why it works out so well. 

We complement each others weaknesses with our strengths which makes for a great team to tackle this journey we call life. 

I don't believe in "falling in love". I believe you can "fall in lust" though. Love takes commitment, sacrifices, work, and a renewed promise to another person. So to me, love in the truest sense of the word is a choice. You can't help who you lust after but when that lust fades a way, it is a choice to stay committed and love that person. 

For me, I knew my husband was the one when I felt a sense of security with him I had never felt with anyone else. He his quite literally my rock in life. His stable, calm, and understanding mind balances out with my sometimes fearful unstable mind. He keeps me grounded. 

Edited by Ella
  • Like 1

I am not sure how to describe it. I think Ella makes a good point that lust and love are different things and when all is said and done, loving someone is more about a choice and commitment outside of yourself. I know it is cliche but the beginning part of a relationship is always the best because there are no expectations and things are all new and exciting but you can easily be "blinded by love" as they say. 

• Like 1