Contacting people with similar businesses to see if they would team up

Brenden

Do you guys ever do this? Contact a competitor or someone with a similar business to see if they might want to team up. I've contacted sites to team up before, but mostly just to share links on each others sites. But I figure it'd be better to work together on projects and ideas. 

• Like 1

Yes!

Partnerships of all kinds can be important. More minds are always better then one. Most of the time everyone is working towards a common goal so you might as well help each other out. 

For example my brick and mortar store is in a strip mall on a busy corner intersection. We had our guys go to every business in the area to introduce ourselves and see if we could get some marketing material from the business so we can promote their business to our customers in exchange they agree to do the same. This has lead to plenty of new walk in customers. 

Also we offer discounts to the local businesses in the area. Even if ownership does not want to partner up and help market each other by offering discounts to the team members of the other businesses you may get them excited about your offering which will lead to great natural word of mouth marketing. 

It is always great to try to get more people on the team and as a team we are stronger and will be able to build better. 

I think this is a concept plenty of business men and women have gone through. Some of the biggest businesses of today were started by a partnership between two people who shared the same ideas and same visions for the company. It isn't something I have experience with but I am not appose to it. 

• Like 1