Have you ever had a friend who changed their view of you because of your success?

Justin89

Have you ever had any friends who stopped being your friend because of your success? Maybe you are ahead of them in your business and they're jealous, or you are making more money than them. I can't say I had any friends stop being friends because of my success. But I can see some other people out there changing their views of their friends after seeing them be successful. How do you see it though? Do you agree or disagree? 

• Like 1

Not that I am aware of. 

I know there are those friends where overtime you just kind of drift apart due to changes in location, or common activities. 

To me it would be strange to be jealous of someone that I viewed as more successful. That would typically make me want to be closer to someone to see what they know that I do not. 

Natural drifting makes sense over time since if we do not work on something it will eventually fade. 

For me I used to play a lot of video games. It was a part of my daily life 10+ years ago. Now I still game but much more casually. Typically a Sunday activity. So my friends that I used to game with that we used games as our primary methods of communications we have slowly started to drift. Now I know if I was coming to town and gave them a phone call to go have lunch or something that would be right there. 

Maybe when we were kids and I got the better toys, but as adults my friends are cool with my success, if anything, they're proud of how far I have come over the years. And I am happy for their success in what they are doing. 

I'm sure some people are jealous of my success, but I'm sure they move on. I can't imagine a lot of people out there are too worried about what their friends are doing as well. 

• Like 1

Not success but with money, yes. A few years ago I actually won a good amount on one of those scratch off tickets. She had gotten it for my with a birthday card and a set of candles. I won $18k on it. After taxes I think it was only like 12k or something like that. I used some of it to pay off some debts and my car, and I gave some to my mother. My friend was mad that I didn't split it with her because she bought the ticket. She was so mad that she stopped talking to me for almost 2 years. She only recently got back in touch. 

• Like 1