What is your poison?

Ella

I always see people asking this on forums so I thought I would ask here. Basically, this is anything you enjoy that isn't "good" for your body or health but you do it anyways. Thinks like drinking alcohol, smoking, using any type of drug, stimulants like caffeine, and so on. Alternatively, it can be something you do in action that isn't good for you. So what is your poison? 

• Like 1

Oh this is an interesting topic. 

I will not lie I am an addict and there are a lot of things I do that I likely should not. 

I stopped smoking cigarettes about 12 years ago and switched to vaping. Still vape to this day and I love my nicotine. 

I likely drink more coffee then the average person. I love coffee and drink it all the way up until 5pm every day alternating with water. 

Diet coke! I know the chemicals are no good but I still drink one a day. That cold carbonated beverage going down in the evening reminds me of a beer. I quit my drinking habit 5 or 6 years ago. So diet soda was one of the replacements for that. 

I am not going to lie I enjoy marijuana. Typically vape it instead of smoke it but it is nice to smoke a joint in the rain. This was my real replacement to my alcohol problem. 

So I have a lot of poisons. 

On the emotional side I have trouble giving others praise. My wife says the bar I set for our children is sometimes way to high and we have to celebrate the real accomplishments. This is something I am actively working on. 

Interesting topic and thank you for the reflection. Not willing to give up any of my poisons. Although maybe one day I will need to give a sober life a try I have heard it is great. 

I have channeled my addictive personality though into work and fitness and that has lead to being able to put in some great grinds. 

• Like 1

I glad you are tell the true. It is not like those politician

Everyone will addictive to something, and it is nothing wrong either you smoke or vape or even consume marijuana. As long as you don't do bad thing to community. It is just so hypocritical that marijuana was illegal now it is legal, and you can do advertisement. However, you can do ads for cigarette  and it has been legal for long time. Government gets so much control and cultural changing :/

• Like 1

I liked to drink energy drinks. I know it is not good but I think I am legit addicted to them at this point. I gave up coffee for the most part because I was drinking expensive sugar filled ones from Starbucks too often... Only to replace it with more sugar filled junk that is probably worse for my health! lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mila said:

I liked to drink energy drinks. I know it is not good but I think I am legit addicted to them at this point. I gave up coffee for the most part because I was drinking expensive sugar filled ones from Starbucks too often... Only to replace it with more sugar filled junk that is probably worse for my health! lol

I typically have 1 sugar free energy drink a day. I understand :). It is typically a middle of the day beverage when I am looking for something cold and carbonated and do not want a cup of coffee.