Having weekly or bi-weekly meetings with your crew

Quinten

Do you guys like to have weekly or bi-weekly meetings with your crew? If so, do you guys make it a fun and relaxed environment? I figure having meetings every week, keeps your employees and anyone else working for you ready. It also helps give them more of an idea about what is going on with the business and all that. 

Do you guys have weekly meetings? Or maybe even once a month or so? 

• Like 1

I think this depends on the business. I feel like weekly meetings might be too much, especially for smaller businesses. Most smaller ones I know will do one meeting a month with a big one at the end of every quarter. Like I said, likely depends on the size of the business, the type of business, etc. 

• Like 1

It depends on the team. There are some people like my right hand person that I talk to every single day so no meetings are required. 

When I had a larger team I would have meetings with my managers about once a month. That I always felt was enough time to make progress on projects and take action based off of the last meeting we had. 

As long as the meetings have action items coming out the other side I would think the best time to meet again is when those action items are complete. What deadline was set and have a meeting for that day. 

Or if the team needs more guidance have another meeting in the middle of a project for more of a progress report. 

I was never a big fan of meetings and felt a majority were a waste of time. So we had to make rules about what needs to come out of a meeting that way we know if we just got 8 people in a room together for 30 minutes we know we did not waste 4 hours of time. 

I think having a regroup each week helps to establish roles in the business and keep everyone up to speed and involved. I see nothing wrong with having them weekly. Are we talking like short meetings or full scale 1+ hour meetings? 

• Like 1