Should you do a crazy date or simple date?

Damon

When going out on a date, lets say it's the first date with this person. Should you do a simple date, with dinner, a movie, or something else simple? Or should we go crazy and do something more fun and unique? Like going to the carnival or fair, or going driving in a race car, etc. What do you prefer? 

• Like 1

I have not dated in over 20 years now. Been with the same lady since I was 16. So my opinion on this is looking at it through the lens of risk. 

I like to keep things simple especially to start. The most important thing is to be yourself. Back when I was 16 I would take my girl friend to movies, meals, road trips, and the bowling alley. If I was in competition I made sure she was always invited. Eventually she was at every family gathering and the rest is history. 

To start though to make sure that spark is there something simple is good so the investment level is still low. As time goes on build on the simple experiences with better ones. 

I just think if things did not work out then you did not invest to much time or money into the activity. 

I think it depends on who your date is. Some people aren't into everything, and you can't expect them to be either. Ask what your date would like to do, I find that is always the best thing to do, because it gives you ideas of what you can do next. Having a place set up and ready to go though, is more ideal. Ask your date for ideas before you make the date too. 

• Like 1

I have only ever been out on a handful of "dates". I personally prefer more relaxed ones. Like on of my favorite dates was just going out and getting food and then having drinks after and shooting pool. I think the movies date is okay but that is better for a 3rd date. You don't want to spend the majority of your date in silence when you are trying to get to know someone. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...