Finding new things to do together?

Ella

My husband and I used to do things together that we both have honestly lost interest in as we have gotten a bit older. Now most of what we do is focused on the kids and while that is fine, we both enjoy the moments we spend together... We don't have any hobbies outside of watching tv/movies that we do together, just us adults. I want to find some new things we can do together but I am not sure what to try or where to start.

• Like 1

This sounds like my wife and I. When we went into this we knew we were very different people which is what I think makes us so great with each other. We both compliment each others weaknesses which makes for a good team. 

We watch TV together and every now and then a movie but most of the other together time does involve the children. 

We both share gambling as a hobby and since we got married in Las Vegas its not a hard trip to take every now and then. We also enjoy road trips and glamping. So I think we have plenty to do when the kids are fully grown. 

@Ella do you guys enjoy board or card games? Have you gone for a couple massage? Or to a foot spa or something? Sometimes it may be finding joy in a hobby that one of the parties already has. 

This is a challenge for everyone and it will be interesting to see how others deal with finding things to do with their husband/wife. 

• Like 1

I like board games, my husband not so much. He never played Uno before and I did convince him to play that and he does like that game but it just isn't fun with only two people. I have back trouble so I have to be cautious of who touches my back, so that is off the table. Also, not into people touching my feet. I don't think my husband is either. Those are good suggestions though I would not have thought of. 

We actually used to play video games together but he has lost most interest in those and I only play a few myself these days.

• Like 1

Maybe try something new together that neither one of you have done before that you both might enjoy? Worst case scenario, one of you enjoys it and has a new hobby or you both hate it and you can laugh about it. Just a thought!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As you grow in marriage, the responsibilities increases and things change. You may not find time to do many of the things you used to do back when you were just dating. This is normal. Therefore, to re-ignite, you wneed to identify things that you have mutual interest and then try to create time to do them together. 

• Like 1