Do you check for lumps often? (men and women)

Quinten

As a man, I often check my testicles for lumps. I've had a scare in the past where I felt a bump down there, but thank goodness it turned out to be a cyst. It's still there, but I don't worry so much about it anymore. But, I know to check for other lumps and bumps down there. Do you check often? I recommend checking in the shower. But even better, taking a bath is better as you're able to feel around a lot more easily. imo at least. 

And for the women out there, do you check your breasts for lumps often? Testicular and breast cancer are some of the worst cancers out there and it's something I myself worry about. Being a heavier man, I also have breasts, and yes, men can also get breast cancer. So, if you have breasts due to weight, check them often as well, as lumps can form easier on an overweight or obese person. 

• Like 1

I try to remain aware about what is going on with my body. Anytime something does not feel right I will always investigate further. If something were to look strange I would likely ask someone about it. 

Keeping an eye on yourself is extremely important so you can catch issues before they are to big. I know my wife is always checking herself out too and goes in for regular checkups with her doctors. 

Sounds like a good habit to be in 🙂

I check under my arms and the sides of my breasts now and then. Probably not as often as I should. I know most lumps and bumps in the breast tissue, even if cancerous, often go away on their own. The reason breast cancer is more prevalent is down to more women getting tested. I think something like 86% of them go away on their own but the 14% that don't are the ones you need to worry about treating. 

• Like 1