Has Airbnb hurt the housing market?

Sophia

I recently watched a video talking about this and I guess this is an issue in city areas where traveling to said places is desirable. I guess people are renting out their homes  to temporary visitors instead of selling them or renting them out long term and seeing more benefits to this. Some will just rent out a room in their home and can see as much as a 10k profit form this each year. That is nuts! Do you think this is hurting the housing market for a lot of people looking to buy, rent, or shift property? 

• Like 1

I do not think its hurting the market in the same way as the large corporations or Chinese government buying up all our homes. 

It really is a great way for the average person to make money with space they already have. 

My problem with AirBNB is the houses do not always have to comply with the same rules as motels / hotels which puts the airBNB house at an unfair advantage over the other lodging options. 

Yes it does hold property values higher since it just adds to the demand. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 4:40 PM, James said:

the large corporations or Chinese government buying up all our homes. 

This right here. We need to worry about this, especially for our future children. They are trying to make the next generation (gen Z) one of renters, not owners. How terrible is that!?