How to develop a healthy outlook on life when the world is falling apart?

Scarlett

It seems like between politics, social issues, bank trouble, and the virus stuff... The world is having so many issues and people are struggling with more than your typical life stuff. How can you develop and keep a healthy or positive outlook on life when so much negative stuff is being flooded into the world right now? 

• Like 1

Turn off the TV. Stop reading the newspaper. Get off of social media. Live life. 

It is amazing what is going on out in the world right now. I do not think I have ever seen fear pushed this hard. People should not be forced to live in fear but when a populous is afraid its easier for the rulers of that populous to gain more control. 

There are so many positive things going on in the world right now people do not want to focus on that. 

There are always going to be politics, social issues, and now virus stuff...

We can worry about the future or we can go out and build the future we want to live. 

This is what I preach to my children anyways. Let's not be afraid. I can promise one thing to my family and that is we are all going to die at some point. We can try to minimize that risk via a healthy diet and exercise but if we can not control the outcome of a situation there really is no need to speculate or worry about it. What is going to happen is going to happen. 

As people we need to remember we are very small in relation to the world. There are so many things we can not control the outcome to that just need to run its course. 

We have been through worse as a society and we are still here today so in the end it all works out. 

• Like 1

Everything bad that is happening right now is being severely magnified. All the racism, sexism, violence, hate, phobic groups and all that. All these things are bad but they are making it as if they are world ending issues that need to be corrected today. On the grander scale of the entire country, with how diverse it is and how many people live here in the US... It is a miracle that these issues aren't bigger than they are and people aren't at each others throats! Think about how much they peddle school shootings. Now consider how many schools are in each state and how many guns are in circulation. It is almost a non-issue. Yes, it is bad when it happens but when you look at the bigger picture, again it is a miracle there aren't more. 

My point is that the world is only falling apart through a lens. When you step back and look at the bigger picture, things aren't that bad. 

• Like 1