Would it be weird to market through dating sites?

Carson

Do you guys think it'd be weird to do any form of marketing through dating sites? I've been looking at dating sites, and I notice the free ones put out a lot of ads, and I figure if I can somehow get my ads in there, it could help draw even more traffic for me. Has anyone here tried something like this? Does it work? 

• Like 1

If your target audience is people looking for a date or something closely related it should work out fine. Just as long as that is traffic that will convert for whatever you are promoting. You can likely even setup profiles on the sites to help promote the product in private messages with others. 

There is no weird traffic just looking for traffic that will convert for whatever it is you are promoting. 

I see nothing wrong with it if you customer falls under the single/dating category. Keep in mind that most dating sites (for straight single couples) are 70% male so if your target audience is primarily female, it might be a waste of money and time!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Emma said:

I see nothing wrong with it if you customer falls under the single/dating category. Keep in mind that most dating sites (for straight single couples) are 70% male so if your target audience is primarily female, it might be a waste of money and time!

I was going to mention this. I actually read about this in a story. I was blown away. I had no idea that most dating sites are primarily men but I guess it makes sense. Women tend to have more options IRL. 

• Like 1