In the end, we are our choices.

“No amount of money has ever bought a second of time.”

In another video from Motivation District, viewers hear listen to a narrator’s anecdote about the time he went on a summer trip with his grandparents. During the trip, his grandmother decides to smoke a cigarette. To this, the narrator estimates that with every puff his grandmother takes a certain number of minutes off of her lifespan. After calculating, the narrator tells his grandmother that with every two minutes of smoking nine years are taken off of her life. Upon hearing this, his grandmother began to cry. A few moments later, the narrator has a conversation with his grandfather. During which, the grandfather informs him that while cleverness is a gift, kindness is a choice. 

This anecdote sets the stage for this video. Many people, rightfully so, take pride in their gifts. More people, however, should take pride and accountability for their choices. Civilization has many gifts but is not always kind. The narrator also encourages his audience to not only act with kindness and with thinking out their choices but to also take risks. Every day, we have the opportunity to write our stories and plan how are we going to use our gifts. The narrator asks his audience a series of thought-provoking and inspiring questions about how they will use their gifts. “Will inertia be your guide? Or will you follow your passions? Will you live a life of ease? Or a life of service and adventure? Will you be a cynic? Or a builder?” These questions are just a few of the questions the narrator asks of his audience. For those struggling in life, it may be useful to try to answer these questions and implement into their everyday life. 

We are an amalgamation of our choices. With easy-to-read captions and vivid images, Motivation District’s video on owning our choices can be accessed below.

• Like 1

I often look at my life and wonder if I will have regrets when I get older. 

I feel like most of us do but it is not because we didn't try too hard or didn't work hard enough, we often spent too much time and putting too much effort into the wrong things! This is a powerful message!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:12 PM, Sophia said:

I often look at my life and wonder if I will have regrets when I get older. 

I feel like most of us do but it is not because we didn't try too hard or didn't work hard enough, we often spent too much time and putting too much effort into the wrong things! This is a powerful message!

Never have regrets about the past as that is what shaped us into what we are in the present. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, James said:

Never have regrets about the past as that is what shaped us into what we are in the present. 

That is a very good point! I need to remind myself of this more often. I know it is easy to think back and go "Why did I do that!?" but what purpose does it really serve to do that?

20 hours ago, Sophia said:

That is a very good point! I need to remind myself of this more often. I know it is easy to think back and go "Why did I do that!?" but what purpose does it really serve to do that?

All that does is makes you feel bad or stresses you out. It is good to learn lessons from the times we fail but that is what we are doing. We are learning over time how to make better choices. So accept the things you have done in the past as it is already done and you can not change it now. It is what made you who you are today. The past should never hold us back and the future can deliver whatever we want it to as long as we consistently work towards where we are trying to go. 

• Like 1