Starting up an arcade

Damon

Would starting up an arcade this day be wise? I feel like arcades are making a comeback these days, especially with the 1up machines that came out a few years back. Anyway, do you think opening up an arcade today would work? Or should we think of some other ideas instead? idk, I just think an arcade would be cool to run. 😄

• Like 1

An arcade would be a blast. Kids now days do not really need to leave home to play video games though. They also have things like Game Pass that gives them access to so much content on the cheap. There are not to many enterprises left that are just straight arcades anymore the arcade is typically an addon to an existing enterprise to get a bit more revenue out of the building square footage. 

Still building a family fun center of some kind will always be a decent business model because parents like to get the kids out of the house to have some fun. 

I used to see them all over but as I got older, more and more disappeared along with pool halls and bowling allies. Things were made worse with 2020 and I think the last arcade/pool hall in my area had closed the doors for good. I feel like this is something that can do well but it has to be in the right area. 

• Like 1