I am actually interested in starting a waste management company

Damon

One thing I have had in mind, was to start a waste management company, one that has garbage men going out to collect garbage as usual. But, I was curious if this kind of company can pay well. Does it? 

Whenever I hear about garbage men, I hear they make a decent paycheck every week. Do you think it's something that can work?

• Like 1

Look into the 1800 Got Junk franchise. https://www.1800gotjunk.com/us_en/franchise/business-opportunity

Garbage men do alright but starting a garbage business like the city uses to pick up from residential routes would be a huge challenge since those contracts are already in place. Typically a company like Waste Management owns the market.  

So niching down a little bit like the Got Junk franchise can work and there have been plenty of successful Got Junk franchisors. 

Another angle to look at would be renting out the huge dumpsters to people that are having special events or rehabbing houses. Similar to the Griffin Waste franchise. https://griffinwaste.com/dumpster-rental-franchise-opportunities/

I remember growing up and having teachers telling me to do better in school or I will end up being a garbage man. Come to find out, they earn MORE than the average teacher in the US. So I would imagine owning and running a business like this pays really well! I don't know the ins and outs of it, but it seems like a good thing to consider. People will always make waste and mess, why not make money cleaning it up? 

• Like 1