Think your sales will go up once Covid ends?

StanleyZEN

Covid still feels neverending. I feel like every morning I wake up, it's covid this, covid that. I can't get away with it. But, soon enough we should be more free of this virus. With that being said, do you expect your work to pick up once covid is confirmed dead? 

• Like 1

Turn off the TV, unplug from social media, and say piss on it all! It is time to get back to living! I have already seen people picking back up with earnings, businesses are hiring left and right, and things are looking up for a lot of people. 

• Like 1

I operate a couple of different businesses. It is true there was some covid impact early on in the full thing as people were trying to figure out what to do with their labor supplies. We saw some hic ups in the supply chain but they have been sorted out for months now. 

My retail store is picking up. It never really dipped down growth has continued through the full thing. We had one bad month where I decided to listen to our governor and we closed down the store. I watched my competition stay open so I opened back up before he gave us the go ahead. It hurt to shut the doors for a month. 

I was out in Vegas a couple months ago (have been visiting a few times a year for the last 15 years or so) and they were getting busier. Right after we left town on the last trip I think the mask mandate came down. I remember saying I am not coming back to Vegas until I do not need to wear a mask.  Shows are starting back up and buffets are open again. 

So yes I think things will continue to improve. There will always be a scared portion of the population but you would think the vaccine would help them get over it and get back to living. 

Nothing really crazy happened during the covid period that I saw with my business and investments. I was able to pick up some cheap equities when the stock market was freaking out. Used my strategy of be greedy when others are fearful (thanks Mr. Buffet). Even purchased a fix and rent out home in late 2020. 

If I watched the news I would think the sky would be falling. 

Some things did take huge hits like entertainment expenses (travel, lodging, food & beverage, hospitality) but other things were able to remain steady. So I would think the things that took the hit should be blowing up with pent up demand. It seems that leisure travel is on the rise again which is a great sign.  

We should be good to go from here until the next freak out moment comes along. 

A lot of people were fine throughout COVID. I know plenty of people got hit bad but plenty didn't. I think we only tend to focus on the negatives because that is what we are fed. Things have already improved in many areas and will continue!

• Like 1