It is worth adding a store to a blog?

Stacey

I have wanted to do this for sometime but I haven't actually did it because I would need to invest in items to sell up front. My idea is to buy items wholesale or from overseas in bulk and then brand these items or at least sell them with my blog's branding. I am just not sure if this is worth it unless my blog has more traffic. Right now it is getting around 700 views a day which is not much at all. 

• Like 1

That would be a great monetization angle and if your blog does a good job at promoting the products you would likely make more money selling your items off your site. When you say 700 views is that page views or visits? That's enough to get started. 

You do not even need to invest in any inventory to start. Put up some product pages and offer preorders on something and see if you get any nibbles. If you get a some bites then you can have even more confidence you are onto something. 

If your blog is running on WordPress adding on WooCommerce should be fairly simple and you can have a store up and running pretty quickly. 

I wouldn't brand your own products unless your site is reaching high levels of traffic. I would instead release a small amount of products geared towards your blog. But I would instead recommend listing products from Amazon on your site, and promote that way. I feel like that's a great way to get going. 

• Like 1

What niche is the blog? I would say to stick with cheaper products to start that you can store easy. I like what James mentioned about preorders. A lot of people are more inclined to buy items in advance and wait. Just be sure that whoever you order from will have the stock after you have the revenue to buy the items!

• Like 1