Interested to know, How are you scaling restaurants during this time?

EagleEye

It must have been challenging for restaurant owners during that time. I know there were great foundations like Bar Stool that were helping get assistance out to restaurants and bars during that crazy time. 

I do not think many solo owners would have been thinking about expanding at that point. I don't know I do not own a restaurant. 

Any restaurant owners out there able to chime in on how this time period was? 

My uncle owned a restaurant. 2020 gave him a lot of challenges he was never able to overcome. He closed the doors to his business in May of this year. The demand for $15 an hour from workers coupled with short staff, higher costs of produce, and general inflation all around... His last month put him in the hole nearly $7,000. This was to make sure everyone got paid their last paycheck. 

Edited by Stacey
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Stacey said:

My uncle owned a restaurant. 2020 gave him a lot of challenges he was never able to overcome. He closed the doors to his business in May of this year. The demand for $15 an hour from workers coupled with short staff, higher costs of produce, and general inflation all around... His last month put him in the hole nearly $7,000. This was to make sure everyone got paid their last paycheck. 

This is really sad. It happened to so many small businesses around the world. Hiring the $15 an employees is still a real challenge we have had ads up for front line workers at my convenience store for months now. Just this week though we got three applications so maybe things are making a turn on people looking for work. 

Hopefully your Uncle can get back in the game. People should be out and about again 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:14 PM, James said:

This is really sad. It happened to so many small businesses around the world. Hiring the $15 an employees is still a real challenge we have had ads up for front line workers at my convenience store for months now. Just this week though we got three applications so maybe things are making a turn on people looking for work. 

Hopefully your Uncle can get back in the game. People should be out and about again 🙂

Yeah I know so many people in the restaurant business that closed their doors, got let go, etc. it is sad. 

I think people should be earning more because the cost of housing, living, and everything else has gone up but this is not the way to do it. Having the government force it on smaller businesses will kill them and they know it. I feel like they just want the big corporations owning and running everything because they are easier to control. 

• Sad 1