How can I make more money on tee-shirt shops?

I have a few things I have made to sell on those tee-shirt websites where they print and sell the items and you make a portion of each sale. I have not made much lately and I would love to get it earning more. I am just not sure how to go about doing this. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mila said:

I have a few things I have made to sell on those tee-shirt websites where they print and sell the items and you make a portion of each sale. I have not made much lately and I would love to get it earning more. I am just not sure how to go about doing this. 

Are you doing print on demand? 

Yeah the promotion methods are going to depend on niche. If you are targeting a female audience I would work on getting shout outs on Instagram and Pinterest and see if that can lead to a boost. 

Are you using any social marketing right now to promote your designs? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mila said:

My guess, is that you're providing art and they are printing said art to clothes once a purchase is made. If it's something like redbubble, or any of those sites that print for you, it's really up to you to market yourself. Most of these sites will require you to market your products in order to get sales, because to my knowledge, these sites don't promote anything for you, so it really relies upon you to do all of that essentially. 

But yeah, key thing here is market your products to the world. That means, post to social media. My brother tried out redbubble, made some designs and such, but only sold a few things here and there, because he didn't advertise anything. Just made some stuff, set up and I think posted once to facebook and that was it. 

• Like 2

Yeah I was looking at different options and currently stuck it out with TeePublic since they seem to pay decent per item sold. If a shirt sells, for example, I make $3. I think I get $5 for hoodies. $0.50 for stickers and pins. I can't remember the rest but they sell mugs, phone cases, totes, and more. I thought that it was enough to put the items on there and using the right keywords but I guess not! I only have had maybe 7 sales thus far. So should I use social media to help boost this?

• Like 1

Yeah sounds like some exposure could help. More promotion is never a bad a thing. I have been doing a lot of work on Pinterest and I notice tons of print on demand stuff there in the motivation niche. I do not know how many clicks these other pins are getting back to their stores but people would not do it if it didn't provide some kind of value. I have also been having some better luck boosting Facebook posts with the $1 a day method and getting traffic to click through to the destination.