yo-yo dieting

Quinten

Has anyone here tried yo-yo dieting? It's pretty much where you lose weight, gain it back and then lose it again, and rinse and repeat. I have never tried this type of diet, but I am interested to know if it could be worth trying or not. I hear it's not a good thing to do. What do you think though? 

I did when I was younger and have lost weight doing it but as the name suggests, it just comes back. I think it is fine to start with a crash diet of sorts but you need to really have a plan long-term. Being healthy and losing weight is not about being on and off diets but rather improving your overall diet for life. 

It sounds like the mistake I used to make before I really embraced the fitness grind. 

I would set a target weight, get there, then go back to my old ways. Rinse and repeat. 

What a waste of time that was. 

Now I try hard to eat healthy and stick to meats, fruits, and veggies. Sure every now and then I slip up and consume the kids snacks or a cake will come through or something. I know it will be alright due to my fitness schedule though that needs those calories to consume. 

Then I finally learned that you need to pick a sustainable way to eat and just be consistent with it. The add in fitness and stay consistent with it. That is how I hope to live for the rest of my life as it seems like the most straight forward path to a long healthy life. 

I think it's mostly a habit a lot of people do. They'll say they will lose weight, and do it, but then fall back to their old habits. When they realized they put on the weight again, the weight loss starts again and rinse and repeat. That's how I see yoyo dieting, becuase it's essentially just going back and forth over and over. 

It's kind of what Christian Bale does for a lot of his movies. 

• Like 1